Can I get into another branch of the military if i've been awol from the CT National Guard for over a year?

Waterbury, CT |

I asked to be transfered to the NC National Guard, but it was not granted because I was flagged for not passing a PT Test. I moved there anyways, for important family issues. A year has passed and I moved back to CT. I want to get my life back on track, either with the National Guard or a different branch if that is possible.

1. No as to active duty, with that "background" on your military record.
    You might be able to negotiate with your NG unit for the transfer. However, the Reserve and NG forces are drawing down in size just like the active duty side.

Check to be sure that you haven't already been administratively separated for your non-participation.

2. Nope, no chance.

I am licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, answering your query and my answer do not create an attorney-client relationship and I am not providing you legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights--or rights to recovery of damages. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Military law topics