Can I get in trouble if I tell the judge I been talking to & that I'm pregnant by the man I have a restraining order against?

Chicago, IL |

I'm going to court tomorrow to get my op terminated or request lawful contact. Me & my bf have worked out our differences & both agree to seek counseling but I don't want to get in trouble that I have been talking to him when I got the op against him so I need to know if it's ok to tell the judge that we r back together & expecting a child without getting in trouble & violating the op??

Do not lie to the judge. If asked, tell the truth. I don't know what the OP said so I am in the dark about that.

If you are concerned about having purjered yourself, you'd better see a lawyer in person and have one with you in court tomorrow.

Since you attempt to resolve your in court issues correctly, the best approach, as expertly suggested by the prior attorney is to be truthful. Even if you were precluded from contacting the other party by the terms of the Order of Protection, honestly advise the judge of your intent, your progress of resolving the issues by seeking counseling and other assistance and, most importantly, if in doubt, by all means, speak to an attorney before the hearing. Do not assume that you may know the answers to all questions.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602