Can I get in trouble for refusing to tell an officer what happened in a hit and run, when I was in the car?

Blacksburg, VA |

Last year my husband & I got our licenses suspended. Then put our car in my mothers name. Today we took my mom to Walmart (he drove), backing out of the parking lot a car hit us. We stopped to ask if she was okay, she said everything was fine, so we left. 30 minutes later the police called my mothers cell phone. Her phone died before she could tell him anything. My mom doesn't have insurance on the car since she lost her license a couple months ago. She called the officer back & told him a friend of hers of whom she doesnt know his last name was driving, trying to cover my husband who already has a driving on sus. 3rd offense. They're now arresting my mom with obstruction & since the car is @ my apt they say I'm gonna get question. I can't tell on my husband BUT I'm on bond and can't lie.

Your mother should've told the truth. That being said, stop posting about this and consult a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

You need to contact a local criminal defense attorney immediately, and do not make any further statements until you have consulted counsel.

An attorney-client relationship is NOT created through the use of this website or by answering this particular post. Each claim is different and must be judged on its own merits.

Button up and get a criminal defense attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Retain a criminal lawyer to resolve.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets