Can I get in trouble for ignoring jury summons?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm in college and I keep getting jury summons and every time I throw them away. I got a little warning postcard I the mail. What can they do to me for not appearing?

1. Richard Franklin Taub

Pro

1

1

Answered . The court can issue a bench warrant for your arrest for not appearing as summoned. You may want to look into whether a warrant exists for your arrest and/or try to look into whether you can simply get a new Summons for new jury duty. If you have a warrant, hire counsel immediately. www.taubcriminaldefense.com

2. William Emil Cassara

Pro

1

1

Answered . You are defying a court order. Not a good idea.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Yes, you can 'get in trouble'. Not a good idea to start out your post college working life by having to explain an arrest history for defying court orders--- it goes to your character.