Skip to main content

Can I get in State tuition in NY suny schools if I'm a nonresident student?

Rockville Centre, NY |
Filed under: Education law

I graduated HS in 2002, joint a community college in 2003 and I recently graduated since I had to pay for it by myself due to my Unlawful status, I don't have a visa, however I have an approved I-130 and I was told by Suny at old westbury in Ny that my I-130 petition makes me documented therefore the Pataki bill SB-7784 does not help me at all I submitted every paper to the school and I was still turned down please help me let me know if there is anything legal I can do do fight their decision.

Attorney Answers 1


If you are not a resident you would pay the non resident tuition fee.

Mark as helpful

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics