Can I get in-state tuition?

Asked about 2 years ago - Richmond, VA

I have been classified as an out-of-state student where I am enrolled now. But the main reason I moved to this state was my medical condition. I started taking medical care 9 months after I came to this state because I was waiting for insurance. Can I get in-state student status for this reason?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . That is question that can only be answered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia. They set the requirements, which I have attached below. Good luck!

    This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be... more

Related Topics

State, local, and municipal law

State, local, and municipal laws only apply to one location. However, these laws cover many subjects, such as land use, public services, and education policy.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now