Can I get in-state tuition?

Richmond, VA |

I have been classified as an out-of-state student where I am enrolled now. But the main reason I moved to this state was my medical condition. I started taking medical care 9 months after I came to this state because I was waiting for insurance. Can I get in-state student status for this reason?

That is question that can only be answered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia. They set the requirements, which I have attached below. Good luck!

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at TBKotler@sbcglobal.net or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

State, local, and municipal law topics