Can I get full custody?

Newton, IL |

My ex currently has been charged with agg battery and domestic battery for beating up his current pregnant girlfriend. I am afraid for my son's well being while he is in his care. What are the odds I could get full custody with these charges?

1. No odds
    but you have a good argument
    HIre counsel and go after it.

2. Without knowing all of the facts and circumstances surrounding your qualifications it's hard to answer the question. However obviously the charges against your ex are something that would be Considered by the court in determining who is in the best position to care for the children.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

3. Full custody will not solve your problem. Full custody will only allow you to make all major education, religion and medical decisions for your child without input from the father. What you want is residence with supervised, limited, or no visitation for the father. For that, you need a lawyer's help. Please consult with a seasoned family law practitioner immediately. Until you get a court order in place, be very careful about relinquishing your child to your ex as he might take her. If you are in fear, discuss with your lawyer whether an order o protection would be appropriate.

4. Right now I would hire a lawyer to get supervised visitation and an order of protection for your son!

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.