Can I get full custody?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newton, IL

My ex currently has been charged with agg battery and domestic battery for beating up his current pregnant girlfriend. I am afraid for my son's well being while he is in his care. What are the odds I could get full custody with these charges?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

4

Answered . Full custody will not solve your problem. Full custody will only allow you to make all major education, religion and medical decisions for your child without input from the father. What you want is residence with supervised, limited, or no visitation for the father. For that, you need a lawyer's help. Please consult with a seasoned family law practitioner immediately. Until you get a court order in place, be very careful about relinquishing your child to your ex as he might take her. If you are in fear, discuss with your lawyer whether an order o protection would be appropriate.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

3

Answered . No odds
    but you have a good argument
    HIre counsel and go after it.

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

3

Answered . Right now I would hire a lawyer to get supervised visitation and an order of protection for your son!

4. William Peter Daley

Answered . Without knowing all of the facts and circumstances surrounding your qualifications it's hard to answer the question. However obviously the charges against your ex are something that would be Considered by the court in determining who is in the best position to care for the children.