Can i get fired while on labor and industries

Olympia, WA |

if i was released for modified duties from my doctor ,and had a medical written document stating me off for three months and right when i walked in they said they moved on and told me there is no longer a position for me am i still entitled payment from l@i

1. I'm sorry to hear about your employer's response. That must have been really frustrating. The legal answer is, it depends. If you were released to a specific light-duty job at the employer of injury, you may be entitled to additional time loss benefits. If you are now able to do work that is generally available, maybe not. The legal standard in Washington, is whether you are capable of "obtaining and maintaining reasonably continuous gainful employment."

If you are not eligible for continued L&I benefits, you are probably eligible for unemployment.

Please seriously consider talking with a lawyer about the specifics of your condition, the state of your recovery and your current ability to work.