Can i get evicted on grounds of my rent stabilized apartment being claimed unlivable by landlord?

Brooklyn, NY |

my 3 bedroom apartment was flooded by hurricane sandy and my rent is very low... is there a way the landlord can use this incident to get me evicted? i recently gave the super the key to my apartment... am i being paranoid or is there a way they can mess up the apartment even more to get me evicted. DHCR was notified of the condition of the apartment. does the landlord have to fix my apartment? what happens if he doesnt?

1. Dear can I get evicted on basis of unlivable apartment?

Why wait for the landlord, as you expressed a belief you cannot trust the landlord? Start your own case for repairs and have a judge involved. Look at:

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/housing/hp.shtml

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.