Can i get evicted on grounds of my rent stabilized apartment being claimed unlivable by landlord?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

my 3 bedroom apartment was flooded by hurricane sandy and my rent is very low... is there a way the landlord can use this incident to get me evicted? i recently gave the super the key to my apartment... am i being paranoid or is there a way they can mess up the apartment even more to get me evicted. DHCR was notified of the condition of the apartment. does the landlord have to fix my apartment? what happens if he doesnt?

1. Steven Warren Smollens

1

Answered . Dear can I get evicted on basis of unlivable apartment?

Why wait for the landlord, as you expressed a belief you cannot trust the landlord? Start your own case for repairs and have a judge involved. Look at:

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/housin...