Can I get evicted for a noise complaint from the neighbors?

Hays, KS |

About a week ago I had a few people over and we got kind of loud. We went outside to smoke a cigarette and the neighbors yelled at us to shut up. We apologized and were then quiet. A few days later the landlord called me and said they had some complaints about partying that night, I denied the whole thing but I'm scared of getting evicted. Can I get evicted over one complaint?

VERY Unlikely.

However, I'm going to guess that your landlord did not buy your denial and now will approach future incidents with you from a different point of view than if you had simply said "'yes, we were a little loud--won't happen again".

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, addressing your issue does not create an attorney-client relationship and I AM NOT providing you legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Landlord-tenant topics