Can I get employed if I only have an unrestricted SSN & a foreign passport with form I-94 attached?The passport is expired.

Asked about 2 years ago - Larkspur, CA

I'm about to get a job but I only have my SSN and foreign expired passport with form I-94.
Im hoping that I can use this documents to get hired, but I wanna know if it's legally possible?
I had an EAD but it's expired as well, please let me know thank you.

I entered the US as an asylee and I read on the USCIS website that asylees are eligible to work without a EAD. I'm also able to adjust my status to been a resident but I haven't been able to because of financial problems.

1. 16

1

Answered . You do not seem to have permission to work in the U.S.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. 4

Answered . I am assuming that you are out of status since you have an expired EAD and passport. If that is the case you cannot work legally, you need a valid EAD.

3. 5

Answered . Given the limited facts, it will be illegal for you to work without a valid EAD regardless of your unrestricted SS.