Can I get divorced in US?

Overland Park, KS |
Filed under: Immigration

I was married on Februrary 2009 in India. We are both non-resident aliens, currently in US with individual work visas. We never registered our marriage in the US. We lived in California in a rented apartment and I moved out on May 2010. She still works in CA. I am currently in Overland Park, Kansas.

Can I get legally separated or divorced in US?

Your marriage does not have to be registered in the United States. However, you do have to meet the Kansas residency requirement. You should consult a local divorce attorney to discuss your options.

Yes. But you must meet the residency requirement for the state you are filing for divorce in. Consult with a divorce lawyer.

If you have any further immigration questions, contact our law firm for a confidential consultation.

Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq.

Immigration Legal Team
Bogle & Chang LLC
Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
Serving Immigration Clients in All 50 States and Foreign Countries

Your concern should be posted on the family section for the divorce portion of this.

Recommended articles about Immigration