Can I get divorce if I've been married under 4 months?

Jersey City, NJ |

I heard an annulment is the only option for ending the marriage if the marriage is under 3 years old, in the State of New Jersey. Is this true or can I get a divorce?

You can obtain a divorce although the question is why go for a divorce when annulment may be a possibility for you?

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Yes. You can get a divorce. If your spouse lied to you or other criminal acts or hid facts from you you might get an annulment.Seek qualified legal representation in your state.

You are entitled to obtain a divorce. The information you received is incorrect.

You are entitled to a divorce, but perhaps you should also explore the grounds for an annulment.