Can I get deported if I have a permanent restraining order granted against me?

Victorville, CA |

I'm not a US Citizen & my daughters Mom just got custody of our daughter by filing for a restraining order (i had custody before now). I'm afraid that if I can't prove my case & she gets a permanent order that I could get deported. I've been here for over 30 yrs. I don't have a record before now. Could I stay because I have a daughter

If you are not a legal permanent resident you can get deported for being in the US illegally. If you are a permanent resident, you may be subject to deportation if you violate the protective order. For a full evaluation of your immigration concenrs, see an experienced immigration attorney.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Deportation can occur if you are here illegally and/or you violate the restraining order. Find an immigration attorney in town and discuss it.

Recommended articles about Immigration