Can i get deported from being high on marijuana but no possession of it as well as no paraphernalia?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Plano, TX

I have my permanent green card just not my u.s. Citizenship and i have been living in the u.s. For over 10 years and i am 15 years old and if they were to deport me would it be with my family or just myself and i have no other charges.

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

12

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . I need more info. Are you currently being charge with any crime in court? Controlled Substances are always a very sensitive issue and potentially a deportable offense but need mor info. I mean were you charged with DUI? What is also important is how long after getting your green card are you getting in trouble. If its more than 5 years than your in potentially much better shape versus no potential relief available if you get into trouble within 5 years of less of getting your green card. Good luck.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . If you are convicted of marijuana possession, it is your only offense and it was a small amount, then you are in decent shape as there is an exception in INA 237(a)(2)(B) for such. That said, it is critical that you have criminal and immigration counsel to ensure that you and your family are best protected.