Can I get Cobra?

Asked about 1 year ago - Winchester, VA

My husband works for a company that for 2014 is going to offer a Consumer driven health product with an HSA. My husband cannot have an HSA because he gets social security and has Medicare part A. So he will be ineligible but he can take his Medicare part B. I would be without ins since I am 64 and cannot go on Medicare yet. I am eligible for an HSA. Would I be entitled to Cobra benefits if he is not eligible for the insurance and has to go on Medicare? So if he has to take his Medicare part B wouldn't I be entitled to Cobra. I am on the insurance policy with him.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brenton Daniel Vincenzes


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . try searching google for a local employment law attorney. Hopefully you can find one who will offer you a free consultation.

    This is not legal advice: it is intended to be used for general informational or educational purposes only. For a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,361 answers this week

2,929 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,361 answers this week

2,929 attorneys answering