Skip to main content

Can I get bad checks and theft by deception expunged?

Ardmore, PA |

A year ago I worked for a high end retail company and before I left I deiced to to use my discount buying expensive bags before I left and would be unable to use it. I made payments on my employee credit card account with bad checks thinking that it would go onto my account for me to pay later, I never skipped paying the minimum balance on my card. To make a long story short I turned my self in and was released on bail. We have been going back and forth for almost a year now on this case. I have never been in trouble with the law before, but they say I can't get an ROR because the amount owed is over $19,000. I just want to set up a payment plan and get the charges cleared from my record. Please let me know if their is anything I can do to fix this issue.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You need to change the practice area on this question to Criminal Law rather than Employment Law, because it really is a criminal law question. There used to be a way for us attorneys to change the practice area, but we can't anymore. Also, if you haven't consulted with an attorney, I recommend that you do that asap. There is a directory on AVVO of lawyers who practice criminal law in your area, so you should be able to find someone in this site. If not, and you don't know a lawyer, try the Lawyer Referral Service of Montgomery County (or Delaware County if you're in that part of the Ardmore area).

    If my answer was helpful to you, I would appreciate if you would mark it either "helpful" or "best answer" if you feel that applies, as AVVO gives us rating points based on feedback. Thank you! Please note that the above answer is not to be construed as legal advice. It is my personal opinion based on your question, and it was given without obtaining the detailed information that I would normally request in order to render comprehensive legal advice. I advise you to consult with a local attorney of your choosing to obtain specific legal advice. The fact that I answered your question does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me.