Can I get back my license early on a 3 year revocation for 2nd DUI while on DUI probation and a BAC refusal.

Winchester, CA |

They had my BAC level in court. I am getting both DUIs dismissed by completing a 1 year substance abuse program for a possession charge. Court will dismiss DUIs , possesion and end my probation upon graduation. I am almost halfway through DUI classes as well and 1.5 years into my revocation. I have proof from court and probation of continued sobriety through testing and monthly court progress appearances.

1. I don't think you will get it back early because of the refusal. Refusal established at DMV results in a 1 year license suspension EVEN if you get an acquittal in court.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. No. DMV is not bound by what harms to the charges court, especially if DMV suspended based on a refusal.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

3. Regardless of what is going on in court... which seems like it's going very well, the DMV suspension will be your main problem right now. Check the letter of suspension that you received from them and you will need to at least get past that date. The refusal causes a big problem that you can't get around other than by serving out that suspension. Check with the DMV if you don't know the length of that refusal suspension with prior.