Skip to main content

Can I get any subsidized financial aid?

Hartford, CT |

I am staying in CT on H4 Visa since last 4 months and my spouse is staying here since last 4 years on H1B visa. I got admit from few universities in US for my graduate studies. However, I am not eligible for any financial aid which is stopping me to compelte my education. My question is If I change my visa status from H4 to L2, will I be able to receive any kind of subsidized federal help. Please also let me know if there is any other option which I should practice to arrange finances for my graduate studies. Thanks

This question has been posted here by mistake.Kindly ignore. Thanks

Attorney Answers 3


No. This is a re post. Answer hasn't changed.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


No, can't get subsidized financial aid

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


No, in your situation you are not eligible for subsided financial aid.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics