Can I get any help?

Asked over 1 year ago - Elk Creek, VA

Since I was a young girl, I have had to deal with neck pain. At age 11, (1980) I was in a bad car wreck with my family. It broke my mother and grandmothers back. I was told it was normal to hurt after an accident. My neck was not checked. As time went on, I would find myself getting adjustments at local family doctors (head wouldn't turn) . Anyway, had surgery 2011. I've only worked 14 hours a week commeriacl cleaning -banks, offices etc. for the past 8 Years. Tried working more-just cant. All the Chripractors would say the same thing"What caused such damage" Even Dr. Brown,that did my surgery, said he'd seen better necks in a 70 year old. I have bad arthrits but social sercity paper says not enough points. I'm 44 now and my neck is saying "it's time to stop what do I do?

1. Victoria Lee Allen

4

Answered . I will make the assumption that you are requesting help regarding the rejection by Social Security. There are attorneys that specialize in that area and should be able to help you. Do a Web search on Social Security Disability Attorneys in Elk Creek and surrounding areas.

If you are asking about help because of the accident that you were in when you were a child, even if you could prove a direct link this many years later, you would have needed to address it when you were a child. Currently, the statute of limitations on personal injury is 2 years. I don't know what it was 30 years ago.

2. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

5

Answered . Follow the advice of the other responders. Consult an attorney experienced in Social Security Disabiltiy Claims.

3. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . Hire a social security disability attorney.

4. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

4

Answered . I have edited your question to include the social security category. Consult with an attorney who practices this area of law. You might also be eligible for SSI if they cannot fit you into an SSD account.

5. Jamie Lynn Karek

2

Answered . I would suggest filing for Social Security Disability.