Can I get another attorney after I get my settlement offer?

Richmond, CA |

I just got an offer a few days ago, and I'm surprised how little the amount is, I am not satisfied considering the fact that my car was totaled and I was injured for a month, I went to the chiropractor and hospital for a check up and medications. anything I can do?

I am receiving a sum of less than a $1,000 my girlfriend received around $500 and I really felt that he took his time and shared little interest in this case.

1. The first offer is not necessarily the last or only offer and probably is not grounds for firing your attorney. Your first attorney would have a claim for fees for the work already performed. The fact you got any settlement offer means the complaint and work done so far got the defendant(s) attention.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. I agree, reject the offer and ask tell the attorney what you told us.

3. You can change attorneys at any time.