Can I get another attorney after I get my settlement offer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, CA

I just got an offer a few days ago, and I'm surprised how little the amount is, I am not satisfied considering the fact that my car was totaled and I was injured for a month, I went to the chiropractor and hospital for a check up and medications. anything I can do?

I am receiving a sum of less than a $1,000 my girlfriend received around $500 and I really felt that he took his time and shared little interest in this case.

1. 3

Answered . The first offer is not necessarily the last or only offer and probably is not grounds for firing your attorney. Your first attorney would have a claim for fees for the work already performed. The fact you got any settlement offer means the complaint and work done so far got the defendant(s) attention.

2. 2

Answered . You can change attorneys at any time.

3. 2

Answered . I agree, reject the offer and ask tell the attorney what you told us.