Can i get annulment in a marriage of 4 months ?

Glendale, AZ |

Marriage is an arranged marriage & spouse purposefully shared wrong information about education , height and job details.So Information provided by her is fraudulent . We have just met one time in presence of family & next time we got married . She told me before marriage that she is working part-time & never had job from last 3 years.

1. Possibly. There must be some impediment which is construed as fraud. Yet it sounds like you may have known everything prior to marriage, but it's difficult to tell.. See an attorney to discuss your specific situation.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS INTENDED AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE RELIED UPON AS SUCH, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL QUESTION, CONSULT WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY.

2. I agree with my colleague. It is difficult to get an annulment, as the criteria are very precise. It would be up to the court to decide whether misinformation amounts to fraud. You want to consult with a family law attorney to evaluate the situation.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Marriage and prenups topics