Can I get an injunction to prevent my wife from getting rid of assets.

Asked over 1 year ago - Elmira, NY

We are not seperated yet.. She has an order of protection against me right now to get me out of the house so she could continue her affair. I am out of state right now to prevent her from getting me arrested on a trumped up violation. I am in contract everyday with here through facebook via my sister.. She cuts and paste conversation. And is that a violation by her of the order. She knows I am close but I will not give her an exact location. She is going to claim I vanished. Which in my mind is perjury.. Can she do that?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Alexander Browde


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What you need to do is stop fooling around and hiding and contact a local divorce lawyer, file for divorce and have her served. That will put into place automatic orders preventing certain transactions - which you should discuss with your attorney as soon as you retain one!

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer... more
  2. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have posted 2 questions here. First how to stop disposition of assets - you would need to file for divorce as there are automatic orders which prohit dispostion of assets. Failing that you may get a credit in a divorce for assets disposed of improperly. As to the question that says can she say you vanished, she can and the only way to prevent that is to send her your location by mail return receipt requested. You have many issues going on, the best advice I can give is to have a consultation with a family law attorney about all the issues as soon as possible.

    I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

    This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.
  3. Daniel Seth Williams


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The Facebook actions are highly not recommended and do violate the concept of no contact in most jurisdictions. As for the control of property and assets, check the orders to see if it gave her control. Even if you dont want a divorce, you may want to find an attorney who can file one, get an order freezing the assets and property, but at the same time send the message that you wish for the situation to restore itself to when the marriage was properly functioning.

    Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,415 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,415 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering