Skip to main content

Can i get an attorney tolook over my slip and fall case. i have my completed filesin hand.

Mobile, AL |

I slip and fell in winndixie in the front of store at cash register area. cashier says heavy build up of wax on floors, all i saw was shinning substance. winndixie called me . i got an attorney. he said winndixie blames cleaning service. i am stuck in the middle , can ayone out there take my case.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Did your attorney decline your case? These cases are very difficult in Alabama due to contributory negligence - if you are 1% at fault you cannot recover. But, if Winn Dixie is pointing at the cleaning service, it could help your case. If you still have an attorney, you should make an appointment to go sit down and talk to him face to face. If not, I would need to discuss your case more in depth, I.e.: injuries, medical treatment, facts, etc.

    No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Also, by answering this question, said attorney has not been engaged for his services. Such an engagement requires a face-to-face meeting and/or a signed contract for employment agreed to by the firm.

  2. You need to discuss this with your attorney, or hire a new attorney to advocate on your behalf. I hope you found my answer helpful.

  3. Talk to your atty.he should be able to add the cleaning company into the claim. It can sometimes help to have 2 defts pointing at each other. if your atty says he cant do this, then go get a second opinion from local atty immediately.

  4. You are allowed to get a new lawyer at any time. You just need to send the current lawyer a termination letter.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  5. Go after the cleaning company. You are not stuck in the middle. If you were seriously injured, file suit against both.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

  6. I agree with my responding colleagues. If you are unsatisfied with the work of your attorney, you need to organize what you want from him and have an honest discussion. If you are still unsatisfied with his legal assistance, then you should look for a second opinion. I hope you found my answer helpful.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics