Can I get an annulment of my marriage?

Asked over 1 year ago - Greenville, SC

I recently found out that my spouse has suffered from clinical depression since childhood. This was never brought to my attention prior to the marriage and only came about in the last year. (have been married 3 years total). She never told me that she had been diagnosed with clinical depression. She has been taking prescription pills for her depression, but she told me they were for ADHD instead. She has been abusive (physically and emotionally) since the actual marriage. I always felt it was just part of getting to know each other in our new lives, but as it turns out, she has had this mental illness that she kept a secret from me. Can I get my marriage annulled as a result of this newly discovered information?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

1

11

Answered . I am sorry, but given the facts it is doubtful that you would qualify.

2. John A. Jackson

2

Answered . No, I seriously doubt that you would get an annulment.

3. Dale Martin Savage

1

Answered . There are several factors that provide for an annulment but I do not believe this would qualify under any of them.