Can i get alimony increased or extended

Asked about 4 years ago - Memphis, TN

health is bad cannot work, insurance premiums very high need to get alimony extended for life or increased

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael A Troy

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You could file a motion to have alimony modified based on your change of circumstances. To increase alimony this usually means there must be a change in your circumstances which makes your financial situation worse, however your ex's income would be a factor. However, you should talk to your attorney to discuss your specific situation to see if you would meet your state's criteria for an increase in alimony.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,400 answers this week

3,182 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,400 answers this week

3,182 attorneys answering