Can I get a warrant out to arrest a car salesman who kept my security deposit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Luray, VA

Through a long process, a car dealership still has $1,000 of mine that I put down as a deposit to hold a vehicle in case I wanted to purchase it later. I came back to get my money (it was paid for with my bank card). They then took my card to a back room, claimed they swiped it for the refund and gave me my receipt.. Said to wait 2-3 days. 3 weeks later I still didn't have my money. I went back a few days ago, and when they went to refund it again they actually charged me another $1,000 by "accident" and then voided the transaction. Now they have $2,000 of mine. They claim they are working on getting it back into my account, and that in the mean time there is nothing they can do. I was told I could get a warrant b/c they have my money yet I have no vehicle from them. Is this true?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . I think you should contact police, who MAY treat the matter as a theft. They may also decide that it's a civil matter and tell you to sue the dealer.