Skip to main content

Can i get a temp permition to stay in USA with my new born american baby?

Hamburg, NJ |

I had a new born baby girl who was born in USA, so i am asking about the availability to get a permit to stay with her in the states.
Knowing that, we are from Egypt and the security setuation their is unstable and i can not give my baby full protection their.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should meet with an attorney to see if you would qualify for some type of relief such as Assylum or something else.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


Are you asking about the possibility of asylum? Need more information about your situation. What is your status? You do need to consult an experienced immigration attorney.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


No. You may be able to seek some forms of temporary or permanent stay however, and need to seek a consultation with an immigration attorney. That help may mean a difference between USA and Egypt. For more info visit


I assume you must have entered with a B-2 visitor's visa? You can apply for an extension of your I-94 for one time to obtain another 6 months stay or if you have been here for less than 1 year you can also apply for asylum hypothetically "if" you qualify for asylum and meet all the requirements. You must know though that most asylum applications are denied and are hard to proof and get approved.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer