Skip to main content

Can i get a speeding ticket dismissed if my name is spelled wrong

Arvada, CO |
Filed under: Speeding tickets

I recently got a speeding ticket, however my name is spelled wrong and I did not sign the bottom of the ticket where indicated. I was told that by not signing the ticket is invalid. Is that true?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If you are a Colorado resident with a Colorado drivers license the officer does not have to obtain your signature. The spelling of your name can be amended by the prosecution.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics