Can i get a settlement from workman comp if i no longer work there

Asked about 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

Im currently working at my job where I was injured, can I get a settlement, even if no longer want to continue my employment there?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, as long as your case is closed with permanent impairment. The next question is whether the closure is on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. PLease give me a call if you would like to discuss. Thanks.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The answer is yes. However, it's a complex question because depending on your injury, you have either a scheduled or unscheduled disability. If it's unscheduled, it's based on your loss of earning capacity. Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you'd like a more in-depth answer. Be well.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes. Your WC benefits have NOTHING to do with ongoing employment.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
  4. Answered . Probably, but the size of any closure settlement will be the benefit of legal representation.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Work-related personal injuries

Employees can sue for damages if they’ve suffered work-related injuries. These lawsuits are separate from workers’ compensation and cover more kinds of injury.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,569 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,569 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering