Can I get a refund or even sue for scar on my skin?

Orlando, FL |

I bought a series of 10 laser treatments ( buy 10 get 1 free) to be performed on my abs. for 1K. During the second treatment, I felt an intense burning sensation, and have told them that it is burning me. They continued to finish the treatment. I had several burn spots on both sides of my waist. First, I was waiting for them to go away, but it has not gone away for 4 weeks now. I called them to inform about the incidence. They asked me to come in for an examination. I did not see the doctor, only the nurse. They wanted me to switch to another laser machine, and said that since I am so nice about this, they would give me a discount for the new laser machine, and I have to pay an additional $1K to switch. They will not refund the money. What should I do?

A scar, even a small one, is usually a permanent injury. You may very well have a decent claim for damages. I suggest you consult with a local personal injury attorney right away.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Seek some legal advice and get another medical opinion

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505

I don't believe your damages justify an attorney taking on this case as a medical malpractice matter. You can try to work it out with the medical provider. Good luck

Many times the wrong laser is used for the skin type, and a lawyer can recover for these injuries. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Recommended articles about Personal injury