Can I get a refund or even sue for scar on my skin?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I bought a series of 10 laser treatments ( buy 10 get 1 free) to be performed on my abs. for 1K. During the second treatment, I felt an intense burning sensation, and have told them that it is burning me. They continued to finish the treatment. I had several burn spots on both sides of my waist. First, I was waiting for them to go away, but it has not gone away for 4 weeks now. I called them to inform about the incidence. They asked me to come in for an examination. I did not see the doctor, only the nurse. They wanted me to switch to another laser machine, and said that since I am so nice about this, they would give me a discount for the new laser machine, and I have to pay an additional $1K to switch. They will not refund the money. What should I do?

Pro

5

Answered . Many times the wrong laser is used for the skin type, and a lawyer can recover for these injuries. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Eric J Trabin

3

Answered . A scar, even a small one, is usually a permanent injury. You may very well have a decent claim for damages. I suggest you consult with a local personal injury attorney right away.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  3. Sagi Shaked

Pro

3

Answered . I don't believe your damages justify an attorney taking on this case as a medical malpractice matter. You can try to work it out with the medical provider. Good luck

4. Barry A. Stein

Pro

2

Answered . Seek some legal advice and get another medical opinion