Skip to main content

Can i get a public defender to reopen my closed case to get it dismissed to join the military?

Sharon Hill, PA |

Got arrested for possession of marijuana but special conditions of 2 year expungement if not founded guilty in any court and it was a juvenile case first charge

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I'm not sure of your question. You would not want to reopen a case only the DA would do that. If you not convicted of a crime then yes go for an expungement. If you were found guilty then a pardon would be your only move.

    Thomas Kenny 2152668544 Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public; do not include confidential information in your question. If you would like to consult with me privately, you may do so.

  2. PD's cannot reopen cases, if the time period is up you should consult with an attorney to get an expungement.

    The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

  3. The Delaware County Public Defenders Office does not provide expungement devices . It is suggested that you contact a local criminal defense attorney that does. I would be happy to provide direction for you.

  4. If your career in the military is riding on this expungement, get it done right. Retain local counsel to see to it that this is off your record.

    This response is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The response is intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Mark D. Copoulos, Esquire and any party. The responses provided on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely on any information contained in these responses without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics