Can i get a payment plan?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newport Beach, CA

i had a small car accident in my apartment complex and there was structural damage to the building. I have taken full responsibility, but have also requested a payment plan for all damage repair. Do they have the right to make me pay all repair costs at once? Or can i get a payment plan?

1. James Carl Eschen III

2

Answered . If your landlord gets a judgment against you in small claims court, the court could order installment payments. Whether it does so is up to the judge's discretion, so don't count on it. Otherwise, as Ms. Peeples notes, your ability to get a payment plan depends on your landlord's mercy.

2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

1

Answered . If you caused the damage and are at fault then you are responsible for paying for it. Nobody is required to accept a payment plan in lieu of the full amount of damages owed.