Can i get a pardon and go back legal to the us

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clara, CA

I plead no contest to a 1st degree burglary because i couldn't fight the cases i completed my sentence and got deported but now after 7 years in Mexico i would like to go back because my whole family is over there including my brother who has atherosclerosis and needs of certain cares and was born there and our parents are getting to their 50s and are going to need some help taking care of him and also to mention i was raised there since i was 5 years old

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

3

Answered . You need an immigration attorney. It is very difficult to receive a pardon from the Governor, but you may qualify under some form of immigration relief.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . you need to hire a competent immigration attorney and also a criminal appellate attorney and see whether perhaps they can vacate your criminal plea if no immigration warnings and consequences were provided by your then criminal defense attorney. It sounds like your case was an aggravated felony and therefore you cannot come back. You can try and obtain visitor's visa and a non-immigrant waiver even with the aggravated felony conviction but its difficult. A thorough review of your file/case is the first step.

4. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

2

Answered . I agree with the attorney above, the criminal aspect of your case definitely makes things difficult. I strongly recommend you see or talk to an immigration attorney to figure out your best option.

LORIC, Immigration Solutions
    (Se Habla Espanol)

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in