Can i get a pardon after deportation?

New York, NY |

I got deported for 2 charges 1 transporting stolen vehicles 2 bail jumping, which the second was an aggravated felony according to INS law i got to wait 10 years before applying to reenter and i also know that theres a slim chance for reentry after the 10 years period. I wanted to know if there is some sort of pardon from deportation after a while that u have been away from the US. My whole family is in the states and my father is a US citizen but didnt become one until after my 18th birthday. Is there a way for me to come back to the US before the 10 year period and what do i have to file?

First of all, NY does not have record expungement yet, and it means you will not be able to 'expunge' your criminal record. Second, what immigration status did you have at the time of the events described and when did it all happen? Third, it is important to know the exact basis for your deportation/removal. You must know that any person removed as an "aggravated felon" may NEVER return to the United States.

I was convicted on a federal court on 2009 sentenced to 37 months each charge which were run together i cannot expunge those and i was a permanent resident since 1998 until 2010 my parents are living alone and its hrd for them to make a living my dads a citizen and yes i do know that theres a slim chance of coming back i got a 10 year ban but that doesnt mean ill get reentry even after that the crimes i commited were when i was 20 years old and i had bad influence from others. i made a mistake and i paid dearly for it. I just wanted to know if theres a way i can get reunited with my family and thank you for your taking your time to answer my questions.

An alien deported as an aggravated felon is considered to be permanently inadmissible to the U.S., i.e. barred for life. However, the alien can still apply for a waiver on inadmissibility to allow for re-entry. Whether the waiver would be granted depends on why the alien was deported and why he wants to re-enter the U.S. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

For case specific advice you need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney. This forum is not the proper venue to do so. Many attorneys will conduct consultations via telephone and Skype (including myself) for those persons out of the local area. Please contact my office at (561) 478-5353 to schedule a consultation should you wish to discuss the specifics of your case.