Can I get a new Re-entry permit ?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Green card holder since June 2004 (expiring in July 2014).
My wife and kids are US citizen.
I lost my job in 2008 crisis and started to work in abroad.
Traveling every 6-7 monts to the US.
My previous re-entry permit was issued in July 2008 and expired in July 2010.
Applied for a new one in 2011 when I was in the US but couldn't show up for biometric test.
I will travel back to the US and apply for a new one. I will stay and complete the whole process this time.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . We all understand the concept of bad economy. However, the entire principle of LRP goes against your situation. You will be ok with this set up until one day, you will not be Reentry permit you can apply for, but it may or may not help preserving LPR status while working abroad. You should see if you accumulated enough time to seek cirizenship instead of playing with fire

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . Have you considered applying for naturalization if you have so far continued to maintain your residency and are married to a USC. Talk to an immigration attorney to see if you meet the requirements.

3. Olesia Gorinshteyn

3

Answered . If you get admitted to the U.S. as a permanent resident without any problem it should be an issue for you to obtain a reentry permit.

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

3

Answered . yes you can get a reentry permit if you can show you have work overseas