Can I get a new lawyer if...

Brandon, FL |

I got in my accident back in June and was told by my lawyer that he would take care of my property damage. It has been 5 months since it has happened and have not had anything but the run around, I get told that I will be called back later in the week when he gets an update and then I hear nothing. If I am having this much trouble getting my car fixed I wonder how long it will take for a settlement.I feel that I should become demanding and tell him to do his job.

1. Some lawyers will be glad to help you with the PD and others will not. It really depends on why after five months the PD is not resolved. Is there an issue as to liability? if there is, then your lawyer should tell you that. Call your lawyer and set up a meeting to discuss this issue. it is hard to comment on another lawyers work without knowing all the facts and most of us would be hesitant to do so.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

2. You can switch lawyers at any time. However before making the decision to switch express your concerns with your current attorney. If you unsatisfied at that point, consider switching to another attorney.

Mike Walker

3. Best bet is to get a lawyer that you are comfortable with. I see that Michael Walker answered your question, and he is a great florida lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

4. You need to discuss these concerns and issues with your attorney. Set up a meeting with him.

5. You should talk to your lawyer and he/she should be able to explain why this is taking so long. Maybe there are coverage problems with the insurance companies or lapse in coverage issues but these issues should not be overly complicated to explain. Also you'll want the attorney to give you some sense of the game plan. If you aren't satisfied with the explanation and/or the plan, then you should consider moving on.