Skip to main content

Can I get a new I 94 form from USCIS if I never received I 797 with my original I 94 attached to it ?

Quincy, MA |

I am F1 student . While transferring from one school to another I lost my status . USCIS approved extension of my status ( found out about that through my school ) , but I never received I 797 with my original I 94 ( went on wrong address ) . Tried to receive a duplicate , but instead of it received a letter saying that I need to file I 824 . It will provide me with a notice of status approval , but not a new I 94 . Can I fill out I 102 and claim my I 94 as " lost " without having my I 797 form ?

Attorney Answers 3


I would imagine you can. Explain in your affidavit what happened with I-94 and the whole case. Attach copies of old I-94... Good luck!

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Mark as helpful

7 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


yes, You have to file I824 and ask for duplicate.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I would recommend that you follow the instructions that USCIS gave you in their correspondence.

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics