Can I get a medical marijuana recommendation while on probation in Los Angeles?

Santa Clarita, CA |

Can I get a medical marijuana recommendation while on probation in Los Angeles? My charge has nothing to do with drugs it is a fighting charge.

1. Medical marijuana is not a recreational drug. If you are on formal probation with drug testing conditions, you should consult with your attorney. If you don't have drug testing conditions, then you aren't violating any laws if you have a legitimate medical marijuana recommendation. If you have drug testing conditions, you should speak with your probation officer after you get the recommendation and find out how he/she intends to handle it.

Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter based on any opinion posted on this forum. Rather, you should directly consult with an attorney about the particulars of your case before making ANY decisions.

2. You should check with your attorney who handled your previous matter to see if there are restrictions with respects to MJ. Your probation officer would also be a good source.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

3. Yes, you may but before you take any medication you must approval from the judge. For many attorneys it is a routine brief, but for the untrained person it is a very difficult and on many occasions an unsuccessful motion so my advice is to retain counsel to complete this for you. Get the recommendation first and then go see an attorney. I wish you the best.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.