Can I get a medical marijuana recommendation while on probation in Los Angeles?

Asked 5 months ago - Santa Clarita, CA

Can I get a medical marijuana recommendation while on probation in Los Angeles? My charge has nothing to do with drugs it is a fighting charge.

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . You should check with your attorney who handled your previous matter to see if there are restrictions with respects to MJ. Your probation officer would also be a good source.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you may but before you take any medication you must approval from the judge. For many attorneys it is a routine brief, but for the untrained person it is a very difficult and on many occasions an unsuccessful motion so my advice is to retain counsel to complete this for you. Get the recommendation first and then go see an attorney. I wish you the best.

3. Michael Moshe Levin

Answered . Medical marijuana is not a recreational drug. If you are on formal probation with drug testing conditions, you should consult with your attorney. If you don't have drug testing conditions, then you aren't violating any laws if you have a legitimate medical marijuana recommendation. If you have drug testing conditions, you should speak with your probation officer after you get the recommendation and find out how he/she intends to handle it.