Can I get a license to sell insurance in NJ with a felony drug conviction?

Morganville, NJ |
Filed under: Criminal conviction

2nd degree possession w/intent

1. I do not know. Check the requirements on line. I would think it could be a problem. You may not be able to expunge even is 10 years from the end of the sentence has passed.

2. You need to check with the Department of Banking and Insurance. Call them.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

3. Most licensing agencies have their own sets of guidelines, and can establish rules as to whom they issue licenses. I would call the NJ Division of Banking and Insurance and ask about your specific concerns. I wish you the best.

Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196, Adam@LefkowitzLawOffice.com, or www.LefkowitzLawOffice.com. If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. Answering questions on avvo.com does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to seek and retain your own counsel. Information and answers posted to this website are for general informational purposes only.