Can I get a license to sell insurance in NJ with a felony drug conviction?

Asked about 1 year ago - Morganville, NJ

2nd degree possession w/intent

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to check with the Department of Banking and Insurance. Call them.

    IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You... more
  2. Mark M Cheser

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I do not know. Check the requirements on line. I would think it could be a problem. You may not be able to expunge even is 10 years from the end of the sentence has passed.

  3. Adam Lefkowitz

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Most licensing agencies have their own sets of guidelines, and can establish rules as to whom they issue licenses. I would call the NJ Division of Banking and Insurance and ask about your specific concerns. I wish you the best.

    Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196,, or www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,012 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,012 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering