Can I get a legal divorce while awaiting for a settlement.

Plainview, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

offered everything and still the court is dragging out my divorce, also if so how long will it take

It's not clear what you mean - if the question is can you move on the litigation track while still negotiating for a settlement? Certainly.

How long litigation takes depends both upon the parties and upon the court's availability and backlog.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

The divorce will not be granted until all of the issues of the marriage are settled.

Speak with your attorney. If you do not have one, call the Court Part to which your case is assigned in order to get answers to your questions.

Case will be completed when you have a trial. You need to complete discovery before the case will go to trial. Consult with an experienced local divorce lawyer to help you.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.