Can I get a legal divorce while awaiting for a settlement.

Asked over 1 year ago - Plainview, NY

offered everything and still the court is dragging out my divorce, also if so how long will it take

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

4

Answered . It's not clear what you mean - if the question is can you move on the litigation track while still negotiating for a settlement? Certainly.

How long litigation takes depends both upon the parties and upon the court's availability and backlog.

2. Jeffrey B. Peltz

Pro

3

Answered . The divorce will not be granted until all of the issues of the marriage are settled.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Case will be completed when you have a trial. You need to complete discovery before the case will go to trial. Consult with an experienced local divorce lawyer to help you.

4. Edwin Drantivy

Pro

Answered . Speak with your attorney. If you do not have one, call the Court Part to which your case is assigned in order to get answers to your questions.