Can i get a lawyer if i was fired for being disabled.

Asked about 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

i have kidney failure and am on dialysis. i found a job at a new restaurant. my body is still adjusting to it. i stopped working my last job in oct 2012 and finally was able to go back in april when the restaurant was opening. i pushed my body to much and was having issues with them giving me the days i needed for dialysis so i would miss dialysis for work which was not a good idea. next thing i knew i was taken off the schedule and now im not even in the system anymore. i have no notice of this. they do have my email and phone number. i also have tried to reach them.

1. Jong M Lee

2

1

Answered . There is a wonderful resource at http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/accommodation.html regarding ADA and what reasonable accommodation is. It is an easy read and very informative. Generally, ADA doesn't apply to small employers and you do not state how many employees work at the restaurant. However, I would urge you to speak to an employment / employee rights attorney and have them assess your case.

Goodluck

2. William D. Edelblute

Answered . Washington's Law Against Discrimination could apply. You should file a complaint with the Washington State Human Rights Commission, and consult with an attorney experienced in filing claims under WLAD,
    I have filed a similar case within the last month and have settled other cases under that law.
    You do need to specifically request reasonable accommodation, usually in writing.

3. Adam Kielich

Answered . It sounds like you may have a case of disability discrimination. You should speak with a local employment lawyer about your discrimination case.