Can I get a lawyer after the EEOC has determined that I was sexually harassed and terminated for that?

Carthage, MS |

I was never returned to work after reporting sexual harassement to the manager. EEOC investigated and ruled in my favor.

1. If the EEOC issued a finding in your favor and issued a Right to Sue letter then you can now, within ninety (90) days file a Complaint in court. I would recommend that you immediately find a local civil rights and/or employment attorney and take the entire EEOC file with you for them to review. While the EEOC's finding is helpful, in order to obtain a judgment you must file a complaint in a Court and prevail in front of a Judge.

2. Get an employment lawyer in your state immediately to pursue.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

3. It sounds like you have a claim for retaliation, in addition to sex harassment. You should seek advice right away as you only have 90 days to file a lawsuit if the EEOC has issued a right to sue letter. If the EEOC has not issued a RTS letter, you should call the consultant and ask about the mediation process that is offered through the EEOC.