Skip to main content

Can I get a lawyer after the EEOC has determined that I was sexually harassed and terminated for that?

Carthage, MS |

I was never returned to work after reporting sexual harassement to the manager. EEOC investigated and ruled in my favor.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If the EEOC issued a finding in your favor and issued a Right to Sue letter then you can now, within ninety (90) days file a Complaint in court. I would recommend that you immediately find a local civil rights and/or employment attorney and take the entire EEOC file with you for them to review. While the EEOC's finding is helpful, in order to obtain a judgment you must file a complaint in a Court and prevail in front of a Judge.


Get an employment lawyer in your state immediately to pursue.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.


It sounds like you have a claim for retaliation, in addition to sex harassment. You should seek advice right away as you only have 90 days to file a lawsuit if the EEOC has issued a right to sue letter. If the EEOC has not issued a RTS letter, you should call the consultant and ask about the mediation process that is offered through the EEOC.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer