Can I get a job as a medical resident in the US if i have A12

Washington, DC |

I live in US, have an A12 work permit, i'm a medical doctor in my country of origin, studied and pass the medical boards in US, i want to apply for medical residency, and i dont know if the hospitals hire doctors with that status.

1. You would like to ask the question to hospitals.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

2. You need to apply for an I-765 employment authorization.

3. I agree with Ken, you should contact a hospital.

Marc Taylor, Esq.

4. Getting residencies is very competitive. Unless the application specifically asks for your status, I would not bring it up other than to say you are authorized to work in the U.S. and not limited to any particular employer. [Why give them reasons to potentially rule you out due to concern that your status may not be extended?]

This general information does not establish any attorney-client relationship. There may well be factors not mentioned in the question which could and should be addressed in an attorney consultation.