Skip to main content

Can I get a job as a medical assistant if adjudication was withheld on my felonies?

Orlando, FL |

I am currently on probation for 4 years; I have completed 2 years already. My charges are attempted robbery and battery (on a person 65 or older). Adjudication is withheld on both charges. I am currently enrolled at Herzing University in the Medical Assisting program. I really need to know if I'm wasting my time and money or not?? Thanks.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You are wasting your time if your mind thinks you are wasting your time. You have a serious charge on your record but try not to let your record define you as a person. Everyone deserves a second chance. You do want to try and get off probation as soon as possible. If you have completed everything you should hire an Orlando Criminal lawyer to help you file the motion to terminate probation. Good luck to you!

    Please be advised that answering your questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or the Umansky Law Firm, P.A. Please also know that anything that you post on Avvo or on any public forum site is open to the public and therefore can be obtained by the Government to use against you at a trial or a hearing. Be careful what you post publicly online! Please know that most of the lawyers on AVVO are taking their time to answer questions for free, so please mark answers helpful if the lawyer helped you!

  2. I think it would be difficult finding employment in this field.

  3. Sit down with an attorney and attempt to terminate your probation as soon as possible. Your charges are very serious.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics