Can i get a green card, i am married with an us citizen, do we have a case, and how much will cost us?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

i enter to US 5 years ago, my visa B2 expired 4 years ago, my i-94 expired 4.5 years ago, i never been deported, arrested, or got any kind of ticket, my wife is currently unemployed, we have a 18 months old kid

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Stephen D. Berman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can file for adjustment if she files a visa petition for you. If she does not work you will need a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support, your income, if not authorized, does not count.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your spouse can petition you and you can apply for adjustment of status.

    Filing fees are as posted on the USCIS website.

    Attorney fees vary from attorney to attorney.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Javier E Morales

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues you can file I-130/I-485 concurrently. You will need a joint sponsor if your wife is not currently working.

    Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as... more
  4. Andre R. Olivie

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You do have a case and if you find a joint sponsor you should have no problem.howeveri suggest you work with an attorney since you are put of status otherwise if it is not done correctly you will be placed in removal proceedings.

    Andre Olivie
    Seattle Immigration Lawyer

    Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not... more
  5. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues

  6. Robert K D'Andrea

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are probably eligible for adjustment of status, as long as there are no other inadmissibility issues. You will need to find a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support requirement (any U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with sufficient income). You should speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney about your options.

    Robert K. D'Andrea, Attorney at Law
    D'Andrea Law Corporation, PLC
    (626) 240-4688

    Legal Disclaimer: This answer above is general in nature and is offered for informational purposes only. This does... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,465 answers this week

2,737 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary