Can i get a green card, i am married with an us citizen, do we have a case, and how much will cost us?

Tacoma, WA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

i enter to US 5 years ago, my visa B2 expired 4 years ago, my i-94 expired 4.5 years ago, i never been deported, arrested, or got any kind of ticket, my wife is currently unemployed, we have a 18 months old kid

1. Yes, you can file for adjustment if she files a visa petition for you. If she does not work you will need a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support, your income, if not authorized, does not count.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Your spouse can petition you and you can apply for adjustment of status.

Filing fees are as posted on the USCIS website.

Attorney fees vary from attorney to attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleagues you can file I-130/I-485 concurrently. You will need a joint sponsor if your wife is not currently working.

Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.

4. I agree with my colleagues

5. You are probably eligible for adjustment of status, as long as there are no other inadmissibility issues. You will need to find a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support requirement (any U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with sufficient income). You should speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney about your options.

Robert K. D'Andrea, Attorney at Law
    D'Andrea Law Corporation, PLC
    (626) 240-4688
    www.dandrealaw.com
    robert@dandrealaw.com

Legal Disclaimer: This answer above is general in nature and is offered for informational purposes only. This does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. You should retain an experienced U.S. immigration attorney to review all the facts of your case in order to receive specific advice.

6. You do have a case and if you find a joint sponsor you should have no problem.howeveri suggest you work with an attorney since you are put of status otherwise if it is not done correctly you will be placed in removal proceedings.

Andre Olivie
    Seattle Immigration Lawyer
    206-724-1940

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.