Can I get a Georgia drivers license if my California license is suspended?

Atlanta, GA |

I got my drivers license suspended in California about 9years ago. Recently I relocated to Atlanta, GA & was wondering if I can get a drivers license in Georgia. Is this possible???

I do not believe so if you answer the Ga. questions truthfully. I know Ga. will not give a license with a NJ suspension. they will not suspend a Ga. license for a first offense NJ DWI but you have to get the license before the suspension.

Yes, but only because you manage to reinstate your California license. That's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the only way to do it.

Hire an attorney in California to walk you through the process.

You can contact me at my office at 770-744-4211 or by email through this website. The questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

If California is a member of the interstate compact that Georgia has signed -- you must have a valid drivers license in California before Georgia will give you a GA drivers license. This is probably not the answer you were looking for, but I believe it to be accurate. You should check with your attorney in California to see what is required to get your license cleared up there, Good Luck!

The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.