Can i get a first time offense of concealing goods off my record?

Asked 8 months ago - Gastonia, NC

I am a student and this is my first ever offense and i am extremely worried that it might very well ruin my life. Is it possible for me to get this off my record in a reasonable amount of time or have I screwed up for good this time? I am in my very early twenties and i have been having a lot of stress and mental health issues over the last couple years. I have recently started going to a psychiatrist to help me work through these problems but this is really worrying me to the point that i am beginning to become physically ill due to the constant anxiety and stress.

also i was not arrested just given a ticket and sent on my way. it was under $75 and i never actually left the last point of sale.

1. F. "Bill" William Powers

Pro

5

1

Answered . First, try not to fret. There may be options available. Second, retain an attorney immediately.

Criminal matters, such as the one described in the inquiry, can be complicated.

For more information on the law in North Carolina see: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/...

You may wish to Michael Neece if the case is in Gastonia, NC.

http://theneecelawfirm.com

Please say "hey" if you call.

Great inquiry and best of luck to you.

Bill Powers

2. Raushanah Fadqua Rodgers

Pro

3

1

Answered . Consult an attorney. Whether or not you can have a conviction removed from your record depends on your actual record. Your attorney will determine whether you qualify for such relief. If you do, the attorney will petition the court accordingly.

Best wishes and be sure to enjoy your New Year!

3. Robert Kelly Corbett III

1

Answered . It sounds like you may have pled to misdemeanor concelament of goods. If so, assuming you have a clean record outside of minor traffic offenses, you may be albe to get it expunged, but you will have to wait a certain amount of years.

4. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

1

Answered . Each state has specific laws that govern if and how a person's criminal record can be expunged or sealed. Seek the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. Many times the local law schools will have a clinic tom assist people with this sort of concern. Be prepared to provide the lawyer with a copy of your court records.