Can i get a first time offense of concealing goods off my record?

Gastonia, NC |

I am a student and this is my first ever offense and i am extremely worried that it might very well ruin my life. Is it possible for me to get this off my record in a reasonable amount of time or have I screwed up for good this time? I am in my very early twenties and i have been having a lot of stress and mental health issues over the last couple years. I have recently started going to a psychiatrist to help me work through these problems but this is really worrying me to the point that i am beginning to become physically ill due to the constant anxiety and stress.

also i was not arrested just given a ticket and sent on my way. it was under $75 and i never actually left the last point of sale.

1. Each state has specific laws that govern if and how a person's criminal record can be expunged or sealed. Seek the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. Many times the local law schools will have a clinic tom assist people with this sort of concern. Be prepared to provide the lawyer with a copy of your court records.

Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.

2. First, try not to fret. There may be options available. Second, retain an attorney immediately.

Criminal matters, such as the one described in the inquiry, can be complicated.

For more information on the law in North Carolina see: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-72.html

You may wish to Michael Neece if the case is in Gastonia, NC.

http://theneecelawfirm.com

Please say "hey" if you call.

Great inquiry and best of luck to you.

Bill Powers

NOTE: Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. The questioner should not base any decision on the answer and is specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background. NOTE: There may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. Readers should not base any decision on the;information provided herein and are specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background WHY: The content herein is provided for educational purposes and should not be inferred as applying only to DWI / DUI criminal defense. In fact, it may be equally relevant to claims of personal injury involving accidents and the consumption of alcohol or more simply, to the daily practice of law. Attorney Bill Powers did NOT represent the Defendant in the particular cause of action.

3. Consult an attorney. Whether or not you can have a conviction removed from your record depends on your actual record. Your attorney will determine whether you qualify for such relief. If you do, the attorney will petition the court accordingly.

Best wishes and be sure to enjoy your New Year!

The response to your question was prepared by the Law Offices of Raushanah F. Rodgers, PLLC for informational purposes only. Before you make a decision that may have legal implications, you should consult with a qualified legal professional to obtain specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Our response is not an invitation to enter into nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Our response may be considered advertising under the North Carolina, New York and or Virginia Rules of Professional Conduct, all of which are applicable to our legal practice.

4. It sounds like you may have pled to misdemeanor concelament of goods. If so, assuming you have a clean record outside of minor traffic offenses, you may be albe to get it expunged, but you will have to wait a certain amount of years.

Shoplifting topics