Can I get a felony delivery of a controlled substance charge expunged?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bath, PA

I was arrested on 10/25/2008, not 100% sure when I was convicted. What I do know is that I was charged with 4 felonies for selling 2 $20 dollar bags of marijuana to a confidential informant. I made a deal and was convicted of 1 felony. I was just wondering if it was possible at this point to have this expunged from my record? It is becoming very difficult to find work.

1. Robert Riley Hopkins

5

Answered . As Mr. Keller has said, the proper course of action is to seek a governor's pardon, not an expungement. An attorney will be able to help with this, but your success is not guaranteed.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . My colleagues are correct. Short answer is NO. Longer answer is maybe when you reach the age of 70. A pardon is currently the only conceivable option but given the relative recency of your convictions, a pardon is not realistic for several more years of highly productive citizenship. Sorry.

3. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . It can only be expunged once you reach 70 years of age. Your only recourse is to seek a governor's pardon. They are hard to achieve and you should seek help from an experienced criminal defense attorney.

4. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

2

Answered . My colleagues are correct. You can only expunge the arrest record of the 3 charges you weren't convicted of. The conviction can be pardoned but not expunged.