Can I get a failure to appear fine for a traffic violation waived if I have extenuating circumstances?

I received a ticket for an illegal left turn. When I tried to pay via phone and internet, but the citing officer wrote down my birthdate wrong, which meant the computer system couldn't identify me. I went by the court to deal with it, but ended up waiting a long time and had to leave. I meant to go back, but my busy school schedule got in the way. I realized several weeks later that I hadn't paid the ticket. I hastily sent off a check, hoping that even with the wrong birthdate, they would still accept it. A week later I received a failure to appear notice with a bail set at $930.00.

Is there anyway of getting the late fees reduced? The initial ticket was $238

1. Get an attorney to get hold lifted and fight ticket. Often times tickets can get dismissed or fines reduced with an attorney handling the matter.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

2. Mr. Roberts is completely correct. An attorney is well worth the cost to clear the FTA and negotiate the moving violation to a non point offense.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.