Can I get a failure to appear fine for a traffic violation waived if I have extenuating circumstances?

I received a ticket for an illegal left turn. When I tried to pay via phone and internet, but the citing officer wrote down my birthdate wrong, which meant the computer system couldn't identify me. I went by the court to deal with it, but ended up waiting a long time and had to leave. I meant to go back, but my busy school schedule got in the way. I realized several weeks later that I hadn't paid the ticket. I hastily sent off a check, hoping that even with the wrong birthdate, they would still accept it. A week later I received a failure to appear notice with a bail set at $930.00.

Is there anyway of getting the late fees reduced? The initial ticket was $238

Get an attorney to get hold lifted and fight ticket. Often times tickets can get dismissed or fines reduced with an attorney handling the matter.

Andrew Roberts
(818) 597-0633

Mr. Roberts is completely correct. An attorney is well worth the cost to clear the FTA and negotiate the moving violation to a non point offense.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.